The most common and dangerous of all legal billing pitfalls is choosing complicated software that fails to protect the integrity and security of your law firm data.
If your software is too complicated to learn or use, then you’re not receiving the benefit of IT leverage. Technology isn’t making your life easier..it’s making it harder. Need an external consultant or trainer? Time to nix the software in question, and find something hassle-free.
Data integrity and security involve taking precautions to protect against unauthorized access and use. You need a legal billing system with built-in features for data access control, built-in checks for error detection, and a regular data back-up function.
Easy Soft’s Easy TimeBill (ETB) takes care of all of that.
Our legal billing software has received rave reviews from lawyers and technology publications alike. With Easy TimeBill , you can efficiently manage client billing , improve your cash flow , and view an uncluttered 360-degree financial snapshot of your firm.
And now: we’ve rolled out ETB 4.0: new, improved, and better than ever!
It takes five minutes to set up the program and prepare your first invoice. All of your timekeepers can keep track of their time simultaneously—without lost hours, or added administrative hassle. You can have 100 people on the system-or just one.
The optional Easy Trust module integrates your billing functions with your trust accounting functions. Deposit your retainer checks where they belong. No duplicate entries, no convoluted recordkeeping.
View a matter’s unbilled, unpaid and retainer balances at all times . Enter time and expense cards individually, or a week at a time.
Generate fully customizable invoices-and then email them to your clients.
You can even create and email reminder letters, and even generate and email overdue invoice and low retainer reminders in batches-rather than one at a time.
You get comprehensive billing, banking, and accounting reports. There’s even a built-in conflict checking system.
To learn more about our high-security legal billing software, call Easy Soft at 800 905 7638.
If you’re a real estate closing lawyer that takes a flat fee for services rendered, you’re well advised to search for ways to increase your efficiency. Greater efficiency translates into less time spent per case, which translates into a higher profit margin (since a lawyer’s time almost always equals his primary inventory).
Luckily, Easy Soft’s Easy HUD software has the power and intelligence to increase your efficiency—while upping your accuracy, too. You can handle all of your existing deals quicker and better. What to do with your new free time? Let’s see. You could take on more clients—or just head off for a weekend in Bora Bora —or your backyard hammock.
Whether you represent buyer or seller, you’re likely taking a flat or fixed fee for your services. What’s not smart: sinking hours and hours into a standard HUD 1 closing? What is smart: leveraging technology to help you out?
Easy HUD does two things—and both well. It increases the ease of your transaction—by capturing case data at the outset, and integrating it into all forms, including your HUD 1 forms. And: it performs automatic calculations, generating whatever real estate correspondence, forms, worksheets, etc. you need for your client’s real estate acquisition or sale.
If you’re the settlement agent, Easy HUD also turbo-charges your HUD settlement statement (also known as a HUD closing statement, or HUD-1). Now that the laws have changed, HUD 1 closings demand razor-sharp accuracy—with only a narrow margin for error. Our HUD software helps you comply with RESPA rules —so that you’re not caught on the short end of a good faith balancing stick.
More time for you, more money in your pocket, better transactions, and happier clients. It’s a win-win-win-win. Only with Easy Soft.
To learn more about Easy HUD and our entire suite of law firm software , call Easy Soft at 800 905 7638.
Summertime means vacation time! And with tropical resorts on the brain, you’d probably agree that an all-inclusive holiday goes a long way to taking the guesswork out of your final hotel bill.
That’s why we too are proponents of the all-inclusive plan. All-inclusive software.
Take No-Name software package. The price may be enticing—but what does it include? Are you going to be hiring someone to install it on every workstation, and then bringing on an outsource IT support firm to help you figure out how to navigate your way around? And worrying about whether you have backup systems, and whether your legal software is up to date?
All of Easy Soft’s many diverse and intelligent programs come with one common trait. Just like that holiday in the Caribbean, we’re all-inclusive, too.
• Software Setup . Maybe you can handle your own setup. But you need to set up your new legal software on all of your lawyer and timekeeper workstations. This can get both time-consuming—and expensive.
• Software Training . With any new software—even software as simple as ours—requires learning the basic functions—including those intended to work together with other software modules (such as the way our law office legal billing software works seamlessly with our trust accounting software). You might learn quickly, but why not get a guided tour to the bells and whistles—those little shortcuts and details that you didn’t know existed until you stumble upon them—much much later?
• Practice Customization . Customizing your new software to the needs of your office and your practice is crucial. At Easy Soft, most practice customizations are included, too—so long as they’re a basic part of the program.
• Regulatory Updates . For lawyers, this is one of the most important pieces of the picture. Our entire software collection is developed by lawyers— for lawyers. So in every state in which we sell software, we scan the legal landscape for changes in laws, shifts in regulations, adjustments which we need to address. For example, our Easy HUD software conforms to the latest RESPA requirements for real estate closings . Easy TimeBill and Easy Trust adheres to state-specific ethical requirements. And so forth.
• Technology Upgrades . Then there are the everyday technology upgrades we make to our software on a regular basis—to keep it streamlined, powerful, and efficient. For example, we’ve just launched a new line of family law software mobile apps. It’s free to all subscribers—and makes every software feature available to our users while you’re on the go.
The only thing we leave out of our legal software packages? The tanning lotion.
To learn more about our all-inclusive software, call Easy Soft at 800 905 7638.
As a divorce lawyer in New York, your clientele is likely pretty diverse. Your clients span a range of income brackets. We’re guessing a few of yours clients might be of high net worth. These are people who have remained staggeringly wealthy—even throughout this hard-hitting recession.
Here at Easy Soft, we don’t think that the extensive assets of these clients ought to complicate your legal practice. We don’t think that multiple cars, homes, paintings, and jewelry should make the New York Statement of Net Worth any more complicated than it already is.
That’s why we developed our EzSupport-NY software with these clients in mind.
It’s pretty simple. With EzSupport-NY, all of those additional assets (and perhaps liabilities, too) simply get added to the statement of net worth —without having to tack on messy additional pages. Our software expands to accommodate everything. There’s no need to break out the calculator, Excel, or exercise acrobatics in math and documentation. EzSupport-NY keeps all assets right at your fingertips.
You can add as many of the following as you need:
• Businesses. The software will itemize everything from capitalization to income.
• Vacation homes
• Checking accounts
• Savings accounts
• Investment accounts
• Precious metals, and other holdings
• Expenses—in all categories
• And so forth.
They are rich in assets. And our software is more than ready for them.
As with all of our software, our new EzSupport NY (divorce law software) captures all of the case information at the outset. That means that you only have to enter new information once . As with most of our family law software, using Easy Soft is like using a NY child support calculator. New York state forms are inclusive, too—along with technical support, educational training, and certain practice customizations. As with all of our legal software, click the built-in timekeeper to keep track of your billable hours.
To learn more about our NY State divorce law software, call Easy Soft at 800-905-7638.
Lately, we’ve been hearing about NYC divorce lawyers flailing about: without proper software, they spend way more time than necessary setting up a new client, or performing New York State spousal support calculations. Don’t do it!
EzSupport-NY is designed to manage all the important aspects of your family law practice , including automation of the staggeringly complex statement of net worth. It comes in an easy-to-use, all-in-one package that provides:
- An uncluttered user interface that makes calculations and data entry a breeze.
- A generator for common New York divorce forms such as, summons, complaints, affidavits , etc. Click for a complete list of forms.
- An automated New York Statement of Net Worth that allows you to enter an unlimited number of “Assets,” “Debts,” and “Expenses” (budget) items.
- Automated Temporary Maintenance and Child Support Worksheets (UD-8).
- The ability to compare and contrast multiple support scenarios (e.g. different income or deductions) for your client.
- A full suite of customizable forms . Save and email them as a Word document or PDF.
- A built-in time tracker to track time spent on any given matter.
- The ability to add an unlimited number of New York family law forms, including correspondence and pleadings. All forms populate from case data already entered, allowing you to remain consistent, accurate, and hyper-efficient.
Software licenses start at $249 and include both a year’s worth of unlimited, updates, live-by-phone technical support (9-5 EST, Monday through Friday), and an unconditional 30-day money back guarantee.
No more flailing! Promise?
To learn more about our NY State Child Support Calculator, call Easy Soft at 800-905-7638.
Here at Easy Soft, we think: why reinvent the wheel? It’s pleasingly round; it rolls smoothly; people seem to like it; it doesn’t even need petrol.
That’s why all of our software captures your client’s case data at the beginning of your engagement-and leaves it there.
That’s why EzSupport-AZ – which launched in May – takes your clients’ data and integrates it into all of the ensuing legal forms, correspondence, and financial statements including-most crucially for AZ divorce settlements-your child support calculations. EzSupport-AZ is Arizona divorce law software designed for divorce lawyers-not CPAs or tax attorneys.
Coupled with Easy Soft’s Divorce Financials software (which tax optimizes divorce settlements, among other things), Arizona divorce lawyers get every tool they need for their AZ child support calculations. The software provides:
• Ease: Divorce calculations are complicated. Even if you’re a math genius, computations for base figures—such as net disposable income or assets & liabilities distribution—can make your head spin. EzSupport-AZ generates automated Affidavits of Financial Information, and other worksheets—making complex calculations not only doable, but also easy. Enter the information—and let our Arizona-specific software do the heavy lifting.
• Accuracy : Because the software extracts the raw data from the same original source, and performs foolproof calculations from built-in formulas, the only error relates to faulty data entry, recall, etc. Enter your figures right the first time, and you’ll never have to worry about faulty math or error-prone data transfers.
• Flexibility: The software adjusts support calculations for diverse custody arrangements, multiple family permutations, excess mortgages, multiple homes and other assets, and the like.
• Abundance: EzSupport-AZ provides document automation capabilities for Arizona family law forms, too. These can include pleadings, worksheets, correspondence , and other standard forms: an all-in-one kit for your family law practice—no matter how complex the case.
• Results : Properly planned divorce settlements result in higher net incomes for both parties—and lower tax liabilities. That means that your clients walk away happier—and wealthier, too.
Our easy-to-use, well reviewed and popular family law software makes it easy to get clients, and help them anytime, and anywhere.
To learn more about our divorce software for attorneys, call Easy Soft at 800 905 7638.