8 Benefits of Electronic 1099-S Filing
It’s no secret that real estate sales involve a lot of paperwork. After completing the HUD-1 settlement statement agents still need to file 1099-S form with the IRS. Although you can send in paper forms the IRS is encouraging filers to submit the documents electronically. There are several reasons why electronic 1099-S filling is the better choice for real estate professionals because it is:
1) Easy – Easy HUD not only helps you complete the HUD closing statement but also handles 1099-S e-filing. The software automatically takes all the information you’ve already entered and completes the form for you.
2) Fast – File your 1099-S form with the click of a button. The file is transmitted securely to the IRS and you receive an immediate confirmation number so you know the document was received.
3) Accurate – When you copy information from the HUD 1 statement to a paper 1099-S you run the risk of making errors that will cause the IRS to reject the form and force you to re-file. You have better things to do with your day than submit multiple tax forms so make sure it’s right the first time.
4) Green – Save a tree by not using paper forms. E-filing has virtually zero environmental impact.
5) Affordable – Enrollment in our 1099-S e-filing program is free. You pay only a small flat fee for each filing with no hidden costs.
6) Timely – You can file 1099-S forms as you complete transactions over the course of the year. Real estate offices that use paper forms tend to put them off, and find themselves struggling to get all the submissions in before the annual deadline.
7) Mobile – The cloud version of our legal practice software can be used anywhere you have an internet connection. You don’t have to wait to get back to the office to file. You can transmit the forms from anywhere.
8) Safe – Electronically-filed 1099-S forms are as safe as or even safer than forms sent through the mail.
Contact Easy Soft to find out more about how our HUD settlement statement software and 1099-S electronic filing service saves your office time, protects you from errors and helps you stay on top of IRS filing requirements.