- Arizona Family Law
- Attorney Trust Accounting
- Divorce Settlement
- Family Law Software
- Legal Billing
- Legal Software
- Legal Technologies
- New Jersey Family Law
- New York Family Law
- Password Management Software
- Pennsylvania Family Law
- Post Closing Service
- Real Estate Closing
- Release Tracking Services
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- November 2009
- October 2009
Tag Archives: pa family law forms
Divorce settlements require a statement of net worth to ensure fair division of property and calculation of child support. TheNew Yorkstatement of net worth is a 14-page, excruciatingly-detailed document that can make even an experienced accountant’s head swim. Filling it out is a chore, and that chore is made even worse every time you make an error.
You can fill out the New York statement of net worth by hand, laboriously entering information into literally hundreds of blank spaces on the form. If you enter the wrong amount, put information on the wrong line, or even write a 3 that looks like an 8 then you have to fix the error. So you messily cross it out and write in the correct information, or you use correction fluid for a cleaner-looking fix. However you do it, the form ends up looking sloppy and could even be challenged in a bitter divorce. Besides, who uses paper forms anymore? Are you going to fill them out by candlelight with a quill pen?
The New York court system offers online divorce forms so that should make it easier to fill out theNew York statement of net worth, right? They have a PDF version, but it’s not a fillable PDF. In fact it’s simply a very poor scan of a paper form you will still have to print out and complete by hand. They offer a Word Perfect version. Really? Word Perfect? That’s nearly as old as the quill pen. Finally they provide an Omni-Form version, but that doesn’t work with web browsers other than Internet Explorer plus the “document” you save is actually an executable file that contains the Omni-Form software. Many email systems won’t accept .exe attachments so you will be unable to send the form to anyone.
Wouldn’t it be great if there was some kind of law practice management software that allowed you to easily fill out the New York statement of net worth, integrate it with other NY family law forms so you don’t have to enter the same information a thousand times, and then save the form in standard digital formats like Word or PDF? Oh wait, there is!
Check out how easy it is to complete the New Yorkstatement of net worth and other NY family law forms with Easy Soft products. If you aren’t practicing in New York you might be interested in our products tailored to PA family law forms and AZ family law forms.
The biggest mistake you can make on the New York statement of net worth is not using Easy Soft products!
Make a $50 mistake in a bankruptcy case: that’s a one-time mistake. In a divorce settlement, the same mistake may cost your client—and his or her children—up to $50 per week, for years. That’s a cost you have to live with.
The solution is to be dead accurate every time. Right?
If you’re a divorce attorney practicing family law in Pennsylvania, you know that’s easier said than done. Pennsylvania divorce calculations are complicated. Even if you’re a bona fide math whiz (given that you went to law school, we’re guessing you’re not), computations for base figures—such as net disposable income or assets & liabilities distribution—can make your head spin.
But properly planned divorce settlements result in higher disposable incomes for both parties—and lower tax liabilities. Helping clients find a divorce settlement that minimizes their tax obligations is not only a matter of professional responsibility: it’s an economic reality.
On December 6, 2010, Easy Soft launched a software package to make things easy. EzSupport-PA, a Pennsylvania Family Law Software is designed for divorce lawyers—not CPAs or tax attorneys. Coupled with the Divorce Financials program, PA lawyers get every tool they need for their family law practice. The software:
- Captures all case information from the outset—and uses it to populate forms, statements, pleadings, and the like.
- Adjusts support calculation for shared parenting, multiple families, excess mortgages, and the like.
- Allows you to prepare multiple support scenarios, compare and pick the best option.
Once you’ve entered the information, our Pennsylvania divorce law softwaredoes the heavy lifting. The resulting worksheet details a variety of scenarios. For each scenario, it provides a statutorily precise bottom line: one number for spousal support, and another number for child support.
Easy—just like our name.
What’s more, the new Pennsylvania Family Law Software isn’t just a powerful divorce calculator: it provides you an opportunity to automate Pennsylvania family law forms, too. These include:
- Pleadings: Complaints. Answers. Claims. Counterclaims. Motions. Notices. Summons.
- Supporting Documentation: Income Statements. Expense Statements.
- Correspondence: Letters. Responses.
You can virtually add any type of form and use case data to auto populate your forms.
Easy Soft has been around for 25 years. We’re stable, and we’re competent. We began working with family law and divorce attorneys 20 years ago. We know the challenges of your practice.
Our divorce law software is thorough—and it works. Our portfolio consists of the Divorce Financials product—applicable to all 50-states—and state-specific divorce and support solutions for Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, and soon Arizona. Add practice management software such as legal billing software, attorney trust account software, and the like, and we are a one-stop shop.
Pennsylvania family law attorneys must be adept at many intricate support and settlement related financial calculations to help clients reach optimum divorce settlements. State guidelines are intricate and are comprised of numerous calculations and adjustments (e.g. multiple family, excess mortgage, shared custody, custodial parent paid alimony, etc.).
Additionally, family law practice requires production of many standard forms (such as income/expense statements) and correspondence documents (letters, complaints, responses, counterclaims, etc).
Regardless of whether you are a novice or an expert on the above topics, this 60-minute free webinar will provide a wealth of information that will assist you in arriving at better divorce settlements for your clients and more efficient office operations. The hands-on webinar will show you how you:
- How to efficiently collect and enter case data.
- How to prepare support worksheets systematically and accurately.
- How to prepare multiple worksheet scenarios and locate best option for your client.
- How to organize and produce all required family forms at one place and from one set of data.
- How to perform common divorce settlement related calculations such as:
- Compute net disposable income for both parties for variety of spousal/child support scenarios.
- Compute required alimony based on recipient’s budget needs.
- Determine alimony-child support tradeoffs to locate a better tax optimized settlement option.
- Distribute assets and liabilities efficiently.
- Compute present value of the alimony and propose buyout options.
- Compute present value of a defined pension benefit and propose buyout options.
- Analyze lifestyle based on historic income/expenditure and determine a party’s financial ability or need.
Turbo Charge Your Family Law Practice. Reserve a Seat Today, FREE.
Register for this interactive webinar and learn how you can automate various steps in your own Family Law Practice. You can enroll online. We’ll email instructions to join the class. For Questions call 800-905-7638.
With the Christmas holiday around the corner, shoppers are on the hunt for special gifts. While legal software probably isn’t on your family’s shopping list, EzSupport-PA is powerful family law software certain to delight Pennsylvania family law attorneys.
If enhancing client services, improving productivity and boosting profitability are on your firm’s wish list, look no further. Developed specifically for the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, EzSupport-PA manages all the important aspects of a family law practice.
Here is just a sample of what you’ll find in the sleek blue and white package with PA emblazoned in fluorescent green.
- An easy to use, uncluttered user interface
- Automatic child support and spousal support computations
- Instantly find the best possible support scenario for your clients
- Produce required Pennsylvania documents such as, income statements, expense statements, inventory, health insurance certification, etc.
- Add an unlimited number of your own Pennsylvania family law forms, correspondence or litigation documents. All forms populate from case data already entered; produce consistent and error free documents in click of a button.
- All forms are fully customizable. Save forms in Word or PDF and email, all within the program.
- Track time spent with a built-in timer and produce log statements for billing purposes.
EzSupport-PA offers more features and more solutions.