Make a $50 mistake in a bankruptcy case: that’s a one-time mistake. In a divorce case, the same mistake may cost your client—and his or her children—up to $50 per week, for years. That’s a cost you have to live with.
The solution is to be dead accurate every time. Right?
If you’re a divorce attorney practicing family law in Arizona, you know that’s easier said than done. Arizona divorce calculations are complicated. Even if you’re a bona fide math whiz (given that you went to law school, we’re guessing you’re not), computations for base figures—such as net disposable income or assets & liabilities distribution—can make your head spin.
But properly planned divorce settlements result in higher disposable incomes for both parties—and lower tax liabilities. Helping clients find a divorce settlement that minimizes their tax obligations is not only a matter of professional responsibility: it’s an economic reality.
A Handy Divorce Calculator
In April, 2011, Easysoft launched a software package to make things easy. EzSupport-AZ is Arizona divorce law software designed for divorce lawyers—not CPAs or tax attorneys. Coupled with Easysoft’s Divorce Financials program (which works with U.S. Tax Code to capture the tax implications of divorce settlements), Arizona divorce lawyers get every tool they need for their family law practice. The software:
- Captures all case information (and financial data) from the outset.
- Generates Arizona’s complicated Affidavit of Financial Information & Inventory Forms.
- Adjusts support calculations for other dependent children, parenting time, equal custody, and the like.
- Allows you to prepare multiple support scenarios, compare and pick the best option.
Once you’ve entered the information, our Arizona-specific software does the heavy lifting. The resulting worksheet details a variety of scenarios. For each scenario, it provides a statutorily precise bottom line: one number for spousal support, and another number for child support.
Easy—just like our name.
EzSupport-AZ automates Arizona family law forms, too. These include:
- Pleadings: Complaints. Answers. Claims. Counterclaims. Motions. Notices. Summons.
- Correspondence: Letters. Responses.
- Standard and customized forms.
Our easy-to-use, well reviewed and popular family law software makes it easy to get clients, and help them anytime, and anywhere.